Monday, January 28, 2008

Clear Skies/Clear Heads Prevail

The rain has stopped and the air is clean.  It's cold (well for LA--50s and 60s is COLD!) and crisp and pretty.  Traffic is better without the drops pounding down, but I can tell that there are more potholes.  I am hesitant to say that the prior week's stress has left with the rain--it looks like things are righting themselves, financially at least.  My eyes are no longer goopy, my throat no longer sore, and my nose no longer runny.  Only a few sneezes today.  Half of my students were out Friday.  I assume we all had the same bug.  There's been lots of nose-blowing and sneezing in class, but even with that the kids seemed healthier today than they did last week.

I spent most of the weekend resting so I've little to comment or report on.  In the years since I was married I've spent many hours in quiet contemplation, meditation or rest.  It is never too quiet for me.  

I find that, for a cold, sleep and liquids, a little extra vitamin C and zinc and some babying is a great cure.  I even had some chicken soup.  But I did nearly nothing except read a bit. 

Salon.com, Slate.com, Huffingtonpost.com, Truthout.org and Truthdig.org all carry the latest political news--I'm following the races and have even received three mailers notifying me of my polling place (these are from the county registrar--not political parties).  I guess someone really does want me to vote early and often (well at least three times!)  It's fun to see the hullabaloo over who might win the Republican and Democratic nominations but I just want a Democrat to win and I hope God blesses the winner--because he or she has an enormous mess to clean up and I wouldn't wish that job upon anyone.


No comments: